Thursday, August 28, 2014

Posted by Paul | File under : , , ,
As often happens when I go on work trips to small towns with lots of other fish squeezers...I drink, I sleep a little, and then wake up just a little drunk and craving chicken fried steak. I walked from my hotel room across the lot to Ricardo's Cafe. Sometimes I need to read the signs in front of me and back out the way I came. Sign 1) I'm the only one in there at 6:30 AM. 2) The waitresses fingernails were falling off her smoke stained fingers. 3) The cook was sitting at the counter eating McDonald's 4) The coffee was so weak that one drop of cream turned it white...You get the point.

I ended up with the very disappointing CFS that I expected. Frozen meat puck fried in mildly rancid oil, floury gravy, barely cooked eggs, and lightly chilled hash browns cooked using the same rancid oil from the fryer.

The meeting was great and the I left with a case of free beer so I can't complain too much; but DAMN, I almost gave up chicken fried steak after that.

An obvious rating of:   Not one god damn ladle!

0 comments:

Post a Comment