Thursday, August 28, 2014

4 Ladles for Black Bear Diner's CFS
The Black Bear Diner in St. George is a chain restaurant found throughout the west, but the food is quality and made fresh daily. The down side of St. George is that there are no bars, but people who don't drink love fried food, so all is well.

I was in St George for another fish meeting and as happens I needed some CFS. I had to go with the crowd for this meal, so I was a little worried about ending up in a chain. Fortunately I was happily surprised by Black Bear. It's a bit cheesy with the fake newspaper and overdone log cabin theme. The food however was genuine and well prepared. Hand pounded chuck round, fresh breading, and creamy gravy with sausage. The potatoes were shaved and then fried crisply and the easy part; the eggs were cooked to over easy perfection. The coffee was the weak point of the meal, but it was passable.

I left fully satisfied and only slept through two hours of presentations. There happens to be a Black Bear Diner just south of where I live in Cottonwood Heights and I know I'll find the same breakfast there too.
Black Bear Diner has been around

0 comments:

Post a Comment